Subject: Re: tp: czplsk
Date: Apr 05, 2002 @ 15:12
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Pepijn Hendriks" <pepijnh@g...> wrote:
> "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
>
> > "(...)[Pepijn:]Hrèava is also the smallest of the four triborder
> > municipalities.
> >
> > so the tripoint is also a lower order megapoint
> > not unique but uncommon(...)"
> >
> > I suspect that something else is meant: that the Czech rep. has
four
> > tripoints, and that there are four municipalities adjacent to them
> > (one per tp). Hrèava is the smallest of these.
> >
> > But you could be right, too.
>
> I've read the Czech in the same way as your explanation above. The
> English is of course meant to reflect that. Apologies for any
> ambiguities :-)

it was actually clear pepijn
especially with benefit of hindsight
but i guess i just couldnt imagine the author being so fussy as to
compare the sizes of the 4 czech municipalities that touch tricountry
points
a very strange preoccupation even for geonuts
unless he was taking pride in the smallness of his own town
which is apparently just what he was doing

hence it was entirely my own misreading
but a valuable lapse because it gave peter a chance to concede i
could be right even if he knew better

anyway in try pointing sifting thru the ambiguities & even
multibiguities is what its all about
& where much of the fun is concentrated