Subject: Re: tp: czplsk
Date: Apr 04, 2002 @ 18:46
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx again pepijn for the high level of play
silky smooth as usual
nor is that easy in translation

it also amazes me to see such a bp minded article evidently intended
for a general audience

we should decorate the author & give him a chair here too

> The granite monoliths were transported to the location by a
triborder
> helicopter

whaat
first one reported here in any case

[The name of this pub is Polish and is therefore most
> probably on that side of the border. pH]

cool monogram

> The triborder point is also the starting point of the 762km long
> common Czech-Polish border, and of the Czech-Slovak border, with a
> length of 251.8km. (Here is also where the numbering of the border
> stones starts.)
>
> The triborder point is also the northernmost and easternmost point
of
> the common Czech-Slovak border.
>
> There are in total four tripoints on the territory of the Czech
> Republic. Of these four tripoints, the Hrèava tripoint between the
> Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia, is the farthest from the
nearest
> sea. To the Gulf of Gdañsk in the Baltic Sea in Poland it is 525km
as
> the crow flies.

see such a fellow nut

> Hrèava is also the smallest of the four triborder municipalities.

so the tripoint is also a lower order megapoint
not unique but uncommon

> The third kind of borders stones are the main stones, that indicate
> all breaking points of the border line, where the border line is
> straight,

evidently the turn points

> Under the border stones, stone plates, sized 15x15x4cm, with an
> engraved geodetic cross in the middle, are placed at a depth of
25cm.
> A cross also marks the upper base of the border stones. The stones
> are planted in such a way that the geodetic cross on the upper flat
> of the stone corresponds with the geodetic cross of the stone plate
> under the border stone. In this way the alignment of this point of
> the border line is ensured, in case someone would tumble or remove
> the border stone.
>
> We can actually see only the overground part of the border stones

coksok crypts without manhole covers

now nobody try to open one yhear

> Hoping to have been of service,

greatly so

can we salute the author too

bet he has a collection of czech domestic tripoints