Subject: Re: Hoefen am Vennbahn
Date: Mar 01, 2002 @ 03:26
Author: lnadybal ("lnadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi.
Thanks for ID'ing Hoefen. It was just off the map I looked at, and
cropped off the online maps I posted.

As I looked more deeply at the postcard I posted for the Mutzenich
delivery, I noticed that the printed postcard blanks themselves were
printed from sometime earlier than 1919. This is because the date
filled in to the right of the Montjoie straight line stamp has "32" on
top of the "191..." Assuming the printing was done with 191... to last
a number of years, at least until 1920, I'll be it was printed long
before 1919. Looks like the railway had a lot less business over the
years than it anticipated, when the quantity of cards needed to be
printed was calculated. By 1932, they were using 15 year old
postcards!

Pls note my new email is now lnadybal@... or
lnadybal@...- my old one, @... gets shut down tonight at
midnight as Excite.com goes belly up. If anyone wants an exclave.info
email address, let me know.

Regards
Len

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Brendan Whyte" <b.whyte@p...> wrote:
> Len, Hoefen is 2km SSE of Monschau. just to the east of the
Perlenbach River