Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Zoomable map of Southen Poland -> plua2lvpkzk
Date: Feb 14, 2002 @ 22:52
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>From: Peter Smaardijk m donner wrote:
>"(...)couldnt find marker 222 or the salient you mentioned tho(...)"
>
>Well, I can't either, but I can see 221 and 223. It was just my logical
>(I wouldn't call this educated anymore) guess. For the salient: follow
>the dash-dot line (without the pink) to the dash-dot line (with the
>pink), at the very bottom of the first map (on the left side).
>
>"(...)& cant get the second link(...)"
>
>Mmm, strange. Try: http://infoukes.com/ua-maps/index.shtml , then go to
>"Detailed Maps of Ukrainian Oblasts", then click on "Uzhhorod" on the
>map, then choose quadrant C1, then the quadrant c01 (not indicated as
>such, look for the path when you hold your mouse over it).
>
>"(...)& i really wish people will understand what you are doing here
>for it is excellent tho still possibly unclear so i wonder if you can
>say some more to help us out"
>
>It is not as spectacular as you make it sound. The Ukrainian province
>of Transcarpathia used to be part of Czechoslovakia during the
>interbellum. Poland was more to the east compared to its present
>location, e.g. L'viv (L'vov in Russian, Lwow (acute accent on o) in
>Polish, and Lemberg in German) was Polish back then. I just wonder
>whether the secondary tripoint is identical with the south-easternmost
>point of Poland.

ok reading you much louder & clearer now peter
thank you
& still at least excellent
but since you are raising to spectacular
i must add now that the quadrinamed lemberg lvov lviv lwow is indeed
spectacular for me personally & my whole tribe because thats where our
paterfamilias the previous michael donner was from

wow

the story goes he was arrested & hailed before the emperor franz josef
himself for having wandered into an imperial garden
where he was apprehended while praying
& was pardoned of course
since they hit it right off

later i learned this is a common theme in many family histories
so it could well be folkloric
& besides i would think emperors had better things to do
but my grandfathers piety was legendary