Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] MNNDSD Data
Date: Feb 05, 2002 @ 17:44
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

clueless in clewiston again

very rich stuff here old bean
& let me interject my own fortunate mishap within your report below

>From: "bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@...>
>To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [BoundaryPoint] MNNDSD Data
>Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:55:17 -0000
>
>I received my shipment of maps from the US Army Corps of Engineers
>today. There are 10 large charts, which I have not fully figured
>out yet. They are all dated 1936-1942 and cover various areas near
>MNNDSD at various scales. So far, I do not see any evidence to
>support the USGS placement of the boundary so far west of the
>present-day channel. Some of the charts do, however, show the
>"mid-channel" of the Bois de Sioux clearly outside the proposed
>levees. I will examine these maps throroughly leter this evening.
>
>Now for the bad news. Do not request information from the USACE
>unless you are willing to pay for it. I thought I was asking
>questions casually and I was quite impressed with the service I was
>getting. Until I got a bill for $68 that is. I suppose it's not
>too much to pay for 10 charts and an hour or so of consulting but it
>would have been helpful if I knew charges were accruing. And it's
>really lucky I didn't get carried away with my request.

yes
yet how bad was that really

you could have bought my seat on the millennium for less
but i still think that must be your new luck in action here too

my own new luck
even before groundhog day had become groundhog saturday night
caused the maxivan
after long months of clueless misuse & abuse by me
to finally begin to dim & fade & poop
in easy progressive stages
until it & i chanced to be left by nightfall
here in glhemaokpa city herself
americas sweetest town
& all still evidently under the benign horseshoe magnetism of the
quintipoint itself
in the hands of a couple of us ace recently cuban mechanics
who then positively resurrected old maxi by their considerable exertions &
incredible abilities over the next 3 days
& at less cost to me than you would believe possible

of course now that i know the truth
i have also the good fortune to be able to foreswear all such abuses for the
new age
& i even hand washed the truck today for the first time
just to set a new tone

& not only that
the important errand that had me beelining thru here from marathon to
gainesville in the first place has in the interim been entirely obviated by
the good fortune of connecting with some more nepotism in miami beach
so that is where i am headed now
quite by surprise & via a socalled mishap
but actual good luck

my chance return to clewiston on okeechobee also has underscored the
questions of whether & when & how to pursue the glhemaokpa initiative &or
the subsequent horseshoe initiative spawned by it
i mean while i am in their two neighborhoods & there is still the
geographical possibility for improvements
& also while the special palindromical groundhog millennial year day window
remains open
namely until only 20 02 2002
or yikes tomorrow fortnight

but the embarrassment of my riches is that i cant tell yet whether doing
anything at all wouldnt only be gilding the lily of a millennium & maxipoint
already unprecedentedly superfine & sweet & pristine