Subject: Re: Digraphs
Date: Jan 29, 2002 @ 20:01
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
> all very well put jesper
Yes indeed.

> there is more to it
> which we have been experimenting with
> & i will explain all that if anyone is really interested
Me me. I'm really interested.
And some summary of this should end up in the file area at some time,
so that newbies and old hands alike can refer to it. Maybe now is the
time to formalise what has up to now been informal?

And lest anyone think I was earlier trying to poo-poo the system used
here, I'd just like to take this opportunity to deny it hotly.
I think some sort of combination of digraph(s) and direction is the
slickest, most economical, way of expressing things, just as Jesper
described.
But I *was* trying to point out why folk like Ray and myself, who're
used to FIPS, go completely and irremediably blank over ISO unless we
pin a crib sheet above our monitors.
(Hence, I suppose, my enthusiasm for a file-area crib.)

Grant