Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Moldovan exclave and other comments
Date: Jan 27, 2002 @ 13:03
Author: Ray Milefsky ("Ray Milefsky" <mrrayj@...>)

Being a novice to this site, I am baffled by terms such as pene-enclave.
Without a clear definition I am afraid I cannot employ it in my professional
life, but I seem to understand what it means. Can any of you afficionados
give me a clear definition that I can pass around to my fellow synorologists
in Legal?

Another thing I find interesting is your use of digraphs (two letters for
independent states and other political entities. At the State Department
website (www.state.gov) we use the digraphs established by the US Board on
Geographic names, which, granted are a little obscure (LO for Slovenia, EZ
for the Czech Republic, TC for UAE, BH for Belize) because either historical
colonial abbreviations (Trucial states) or we are running out of digraphs
(can't recycle -- CZ is for Czechoslovakia). Where do you guys come up with
your digraphs? Perhaps we should use the UN trigraph system?

Ray