Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Croatian-Yugoslavian border
Date: Jan 21, 2002 @ 19:55
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@image.dk>)

Or visit both possible tripoints?
----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Hering
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 8:47 PM

Well Jesper,
thanks for your interest in this - for the GEEBE -
important area - my guess is this:

previously, the internal border betw. the two members
of the YU-confederation was the "non Danube" border,
meaning Croatia having some territory east of the Dan.
After Hr and Yu had been to war in the secession war
after the break off of Hr, the river formed the "natural"
border after the hostilities, many of them that took
place in this area (remember Vukovar!?).
Negotiations are taking place nowadays between Hr
and Yu conc. the future border drawing, and most likely
this Danube borderline - which seems quite logical and
easy to administrate - will become the official border,
a boundaryline already now shown in quite a few maps!
So, our proposed visit to this tripoint HrHuYu will contain
a certain element of uncertainty on whether this is the
official tp..., well, we can always come back some other
time...
Peter H.