Subject: Re: Some other stuff from the Uzbek-Kazakh border
Date: Jan 15, 2002 @ 16:26
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice diggings peter along the same kzuz line christian brought in 5275

this place must be hott
to have both easements & uneasements going on simultaneously

also it occurs to me that the 2 temporary kzuz termini straddling the
disputed or self liberated area do already present themselves as
the probable tricountry points even while the territorial dimensions
of the new country if any are still unknown

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> The following is an English translation which I have made very
> quickly (so please ignore and/or forgive the crooked English) of a
> Russian text of legal act of Kazakhstan (omitting the boring and -
> for us - less interesting parts) (BTW, the source of this, in case
> you read Russian, is: http://www.info.nursat.kz/nakyp/DOC/99N6-
> 06.HTM ):
>
> Act of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 8 May, 1998, No. 223
>
> On the ratification of the agreement between the government of the
> Republic of Kazakhstan and the government of the Republic of
> Uzbekistan on the use of certain stretches of roads for automobile
> traffic.
>
> (...)
>
> 1st Article
> The stretch of automobile road between Džetysaj and Èardara, with a
> length of 24.5 kilometres, going through the territory of the
> Republic of Uzbekistan, with a sanitary-guarded zone of 30 metres on
> both sides of the edge of the traffic surface of the road, is given
> in temporary use to the Republic of Kazakhstan for the duration of
> ten years, on a gratis base (free of payment). The given stretch of
> automobile road runs along the western bank of the Èardara reservoir
> from the state boundary between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the
> Republic of Uzbekistan, in the area west of the village of Machtaly,
> in a general north-easterly direction through the village of
Arsanaj,