Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: quintiabbeville etc
Date: Jan 10, 2002 @ 17:04
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

from jackson george regional library
somewhere in mississippi

>From: "Bill

>When you ask Michael to fix a buoy in the lake, you don't know what you're
>in for!

right but guys if we do pontchartrain immediately then we are bound to do
the great salt lake & san francisco bay also
just to complete the great american tertiary megapoint maxiwater ensemble

so wouldnt it be better & certainly easier to just rest upon our laurels for
now at the worlds most buoyant maxipoint of okeechobee
especially as we are already approaching the anniversary of your first flyby
revisit there bill

for i would hope we can at least recheck our moorings from the air there
first as planned & gleefully anticipated all year
& then perhaps we might expand into fixing other megabuoys for fixing other
megawaters
because i think lake okeechobee is in substantially better shape already

so could lake chad be far behind
etc etc

yes
very nice to see 5 parishes almost kiss

> And you could visit the parochial exclaves! I think I know of three
> of these.

good
hold that thought
& perhaps there is another quadriparish point in barbados too
if i remember my mount gay rum label map correctly

but what is the chance of that really either

> Or fix a buoy in Lake Pontchartrain after all...
>
> (No, I'm not familiar with Louisiana in the sense that I've been
> there, but in a former job (or life) I once had to digitise a map

ahh
that would be tough with louisiana since even the land there is really more
watery than landy

& so the problem of finding the lamsus tripoint is particularly difficult
for that reason & is compounded by the fact that there are a lot of
louisiana islands off the coast of mississippi

one map i saw even gave hope of a ctnyri style allams tristate point but i
think that must be chimerical

anyway this double problem around here of what is what & who owns what has
stalled our whirlwind tour of the great american trifederal points

clearly more research is needed
but possibly more development is needed too
in the sense that maybe nobody has even stopped to figure out where lamsus
must be yet
certainly not usgs
but who else could say
so it may have to be an original determination by us
which is of course the best kind