Subject: Re: Euro in North America
Date: Dec 30, 2001 @ 02:01
Author: lnadybal ("lnadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

I think Kerguelen and the other islands of the French Antarctic
Territory are further from the southernmost Euroland than Reunion.
There are also the French settlements on the Antarctic continent, too,
but they may not even need currency, for all I know. There are also
German and Italian stations, there, too... you can think what you want
about recognition of sovereign territory by the European claimants to
Antarctic areas despite the existing treaties, but they do have
communities there under their sovereignty.

The French also have many South Pacific teritories, some of which may
convert, Tahiti comes to mind, which I think is further from Europe
than Reunion... although that could be a close tie.

I'm curious to see what the former French colonies in Africa will do
that use the CFA Franc - which is based on the soon to be nonexistent
Franc. Are we even certain that Reunion uses FF rather than CFA Francs
?

Regards
Len Nadybal
Washington DC