Subject: Re: the elusive frgbnl et al
Date: Dec 06, 2001 @ 22:05
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Peter:
> By the way: look also at
> http://www.shom.fr/fr_page/fr_prod_lettre/13/lettre13_3.htm . There
> is a little map of the St. Pierre & Miquelon EEZ (at "Partage de
> territoires", click on "carte")
Marvellous! You've abolished one of my perfs, since St P&M clearly now
have a corridor to the high seas. Again, this casts into doubt the
accuracy of the map at www.maritimeboundaries.com, which shows the
Canadian/French equidistance line enclaving St P&M as a "multilateral
agreement". From the text at Partage de territoires, it seems that
Canada liked this border, but France didn't.

I'm still puzzling over what implication your Croatian watery exclave
has on my EEZ survey. That Slovenian corridor to the edge of
territorial waters opens into what would be the Croatian continental
shelf area, if the 1970 boundary between Italy and former Yugoslavia
is adhered to (and it's marked on the map, as a continuation of the
Italian territorial seas border line). So at "my" level,the
quadripoint at the tip of the exclave changes from High
Seas/Italy/Croatia/Slovenia to Croatia/Italy/Croatia/Slovenia. A
topological anomaly I'm having trouble coming to terms with!

Grant