Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Morkulien joint admin area
Date: Dec 03, 2001 @ 12:57
Author: Ray Milefsky ("Ray Milefsky" <mrrayj@...>)

Is Morokulien smaller than the Conch Republic (Key West, Florida), which issues its own passport as well (I got one last year)?  They seceded from the Union because the Drug Enforcement Agency had set up roadblocks in 1981 (I think) on the Ocean Highway checking all people coming in and out, and severely disrupting the tourist trade (the main source of income).  Consequently, a US naval officer allowed the 'revolutionaries' to board a stationed vessel for a few minutes and have a glass of rum, while other 'revolutionaries' batted the local police (quite consentingly) with batards of stale Cuban bread.  The elected Secretary General (PO Box 6583, Key West, FL (Conch Republic) 33041 has actually had US passport officials dutifully stamp his CR Diplomatic Passport.  So much for the dissemination of Geographic Knowledge in the United States' Government!

Ray