Subject: Re: Summer Quiz
Date: Dec 03, 2001 @ 05:38
Author: orc@orcoast.com (orc@...)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jack Parsell" <jparsell@n...> wrote:

> Good question Anton. So far I've identified three that miss

> by less than 50 ft. One each in Florida, Georgia and Minnesota.

> there may be more and I also want to try to measure the distances

> more accurately.

> Jack

yes good question but good luck too

in choosing which kinds of tripoints you would include in your inquiry as there are so many kinds & myriads of each

& how does anyone propose to settle it with any confidence

for i know of a candidate pair of tricounty points in iowa that are less than half a roads width apart perhaps 15 feet

because i discovered their apparent misalignment while expecting to find a quadricounty point just there

all it needs is for 2 counties at a grid corner to quietly agree they abut say on one side of the road & then the other 2 at the same corner to also quietly agree they abut in the middle of the continuation of the same road & youve got a quadri shmoosh at the crossroads to sort out if you can even see it

but such minor misalignments both real & imaginary are probably common among all sorts of supposed quadripoints