Subject: Re: Guinness Book of Records
Date: Nov 30, 2001 @ 02:03
Author: orc@orcoast.com (orc@...)

well not really because the long zigzag line you perhaps mean which is usua=
lly shown between russia & the usa on maps is really only the international =
date line & perhaps also serves as a sort of sectoring indicator but it is n=
ot really an international boundary

it is also true that the russian american eez boundary extends for perhaps =
1000 km somewhat along the same lines as the date line in places but that bo=
undary also isnt the same kind of boundary as the sovereign territorial cana=
da denmark boundary you are comparing it to

the only russian american boundary of sovereign territorial waters is the r=
ather short one between big & little diomede islands in bering strait measur=
ing probably less than 50 km

also is there any way we could create a permanent boundary record place pag=
e or file for stuff like this

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., jamatotest <jamato@b...> wrote:

> Does anyone know how much of Russia's sea boundary adjoins the US? (Alask=
a,

> including the Aleutian islands?) I would suspect that figure would be pre=
tty