Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Hawar Islands-Info request
Date: Nov 22, 2001 @ 07:16
Author: Anton Sherwood (Anton Sherwood <bronto@...>)

orc@... wrote:
> but please anton
> how can you even be curious about what might happen to our
> existing boundaries myriads & chiliads of years from now
>
> idle curiosity i could understand
>
> but this is freakin otiose

What if I told you I'm writing a scifi novel set a million years from
now,
in which self-repairing robots continue to enforce laws set down in
2084?

Well I'm not, because I can't do plots; but I've known people who wrote
similar stories, and most of my friends enjoy such speculations.
They help keep the mind limber.

(I also believe there's a non-negligible chance that before 2036
technology will make most of us effectively immortal, one way or
another. But that's OT.)

--
Anton Sherwood -- http://www.ogre.nu/ (online again, Nov.19)