Subject: Re: Remember Nederland??
Date: Nov 11, 2001 @ 22:28
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

In Zealandic Flanders, there is the tiny village of Turkeye. Although
the spelling is not entirely the same as for Turkey (Turkije in
Dutch), the handfull of people that live there are completely swamped
by all the Turkish people that live in the Netherlands (quite a lot)
that want to have their picture taken next to the sign.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Peter Hering" <hering@m...> wrote:
> Harry, my good old mate,
> in the US state of Maine there is a bunch of "foreign"
> names - Mexico, Sweden, Denmark, Norway
> and many more... as you can see on the attachment-
> I wonder why -- any of our American members who
> can come up with an explanation about this funny
> concentration of "foreign" villages in Maine...??
> regards
> Peter H.

action=pan&x2=193750&y2=529
> 750&zoom=1&pc=8362VA
>
> This little village is very near my place in the municipality of
> Steenwijkerland in the province of Overijssel.
> It has about 7 houses (at least one house is owned bij a German)
>

> On topozone one can find more then thirty times a place called
Holland.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/