Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Northern Ireland (UK) -Republic Of Ireland Border
Date: Nov 07, 2001 @ 08:55
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

2km N of Clones, County Cavan (Eire), the road crosses into N.Ire for 700m,
then back into Eire. There are no other acces points to this stretch of
road, so it's a pene enclave! Clones is 10km E of Upper Lough Erne, and 5km
NE of Drumully, where there is quite a pene-enclave, noted by Robinson.
I use 1:50,000 sheet 27, fomr the Ordnance survey of N.Treland. Their sheet
numbering is consistant with that of the Republic. Follwing the border on
this hseet alone, there are several farms whose access roads are in one
country but whose buildings are in another.
Other border sheets are (from Londonderry to Newry) 7, 12,17,26,
27,18,19,28&29.
BW