Subject: Re: shortest+longest intn'l border bridges
Date: Nov 01, 2001 @ 21:34
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

The recent ruling of the Int. Court of Justice in the Bahrain - Qatar
case has cleared the air between the two countries so drastically,
that there are plans to connect the two by bridge, acc. to
http://www.bahrainbrief.com/english/april-issue2001.htm . This bridge
would be 25 miles long, so it's not going to be between the Hawar
Isl. and Qatar, but really between Bahrain proper and Qatar. I read
somewhere that before they liked eachother as much as they do now,
Bahrain had plans to build a bridge to the Hawars, in order to
develop it as a touristic island.

Peter S.