Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re andorra condo or nondo
Date: Oct 18, 2001 @ 20:08
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

yes well i guess i am already vindicated on wakhan by others
but for kaprivi consider this 19th century scenario

all of africa is in the process of being carved up mainly but not only by
britain france portugal belgium & germany
& the competition for melds or corridors is absolutely tremendous

britain aces out france across the north as well as belgium across the
center but must still outmaneuver both portugal & germany to the south

the pincers of all 3 countries competing there
angola mozambique
bechuanaland rhodesia
swafrica tanganyika
converge or try to converge to form a sort of asterisk shape that threatens
to produce a sexipoint
but the german buffer
or ok maybe it is just an easement & a ruse at that
ensures the cape to cairo british pink meld on all the old maps
rather than a solid violet german or yellow portuguese counterstripe

is that a buffer
not nearly so much as wakhan
i agree
except that the strip did actually separate an erstwhile portuguese british
frontier