Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Büttenhardter Höfe (???)
Date: Oct 04, 2001 @ 00:47
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

VerenaHof was on the NW side of Buettenhardt village, and existed as a Baden
exclave until 1967, when it was traded for equivalent area in a series of
slivers along the main boundary.

It was 428,732sq metres, 350m fomr the main boundary.
See Bundesgesetzblatt 1967, 2040-43 and the nine maps following it. At the
time the farm was ownee by Swiss and was home to Swiss.
During WW2, Germany required German chimneys to be cleaned by German sweeps,
forcing Verenahof to pay for one to come fomr a long distance away, as they
were not allowed to use the sweeps in the nearby Swiss villages.

BW