Subject: Re: Another one?
Date: Oct 01, 2001 @ 16:17
Author: marcelmiquel@navegalia.com (<marcelmiquel@...>)

Hello,

Brendan is right, but there are not usufruct rights, this forests are
owned by Llivia since XIII century. Curiously, last week I found in a
bookstore this old book about Llívia, published on 1976:

Ricardo Ruiz del Castillo y de Navascués : “Llivia ( enclave español en
Francia )”. Imprenta del Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, Madrid,
1976.

It’s a history of Llívia, but the most interesting contents are two
maps: a 1:50.000 map shows this “second enclave”, larger than the
Llivia’s territory. There is a large explanation about the rights over
this two zones: Baix Carlit and Bac de Llívia, owned by the town of
Llívia, but under french soveregnty. Next weekend i will be able to
scan this map and i will post it.

This book contents another great ortopictomap of Llívia 1:15.000 made
by the spanish army cartographic services. The boundary markers
location is showed.

Marcel

>From: "Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@h...>
>Date: Mon Oct 1, 2001 12:51 am
>Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Another one?

>This lake is 2km long, 1km wide, and 8km north of Llivia, on the
eastern
>side of Mt Carlit, on which there is much jointly owned land, used for
>transhumance.
<There is no second enclave, just joint usufruct rights.
>BW

>From: "Jan Krogh" <jakro64@y...>
>To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Another one?
>Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:25:40 +0200
>
>"Am rechten Ufer des in Frankreich liegenden Lac des Bouilleuses
gehört der
>katalanischen Gemeinde ein Gebiet von knapp 1200 Hektar, auf dem sie
>landwirtschaftliche Nutzungsrechte besitzt. Zwei Feldwege verbinden
diese
>zweite Enklave mit Llívia."
>
>If understood correctly, it is saying that Llivia has right to use a
1200
>ha. area in on the right bank of Lac des Bouilleuses in France,
belonging
>the Catalonian 'parish' [or area]. The article does not directly say
that
>this is Spanish territory, but on the other hand it says "Two tracks
are
>connecting this second enclave with Llivia."

¿Quieres asistir a un concierto único e irrepetible de Sting sin
moverte de casa?
Visita... http://www.sting.navegalia.com