Subject: re boundary high points
Date: Sep 06, 2001 @ 20:20
Author: Andy Martin (Andy Martin <martin@...>)

(m donner - state boundary high points)
>we have our resident pioneer of both hi pointing & tri pointing jack parsell
>& now you are evidently rising to new heights & leading on new edges here too

(Andy)
Sure, know Jack from way back by way of the State HP club.
Have his tri point book, and his state low point book.
Jack has visited all the state lows. They are listed by USGS
(with some errors) at

http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/booklets/elvadist/elvadist.html#Highest

and many of these are lowest points a states border.
This indicates (to me at least :) that the USGS should also have
listed all the highest border points, but this project will have to
be privately "funded".