Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] redoing boundaries.
Date: Sep 05, 2001 @ 22:34
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

randy

mapless at the moment but i would like to guess on your anchorage question

i think i am qualified because i once actually won a shotgun in anchorage by
correctly stating it is closer to tokyo than chicago

or maybe it was new york
i forget now

anyway is your correct answer pyongyang

or maybe ulan bator
if i can have another guess again now too

in any case a very nice question

i would also like to add a footnote to your excellent reverie
that just because capital cities are almost always somewhat centrally
located doesnt mean they cant also be situated upon the boundaries of the
entities they head

except for situations where the capital is practically the same as the whole
country
like monte carlo or singapore
i dont think there is a clear worldclass example of what i am talking about

but within the usa my own native state of new jersey not only offers in its
capital city trenton a perfect example but also features a typically
imposing state house whose front windows gaze hardly upon new jersey at all
but oops almost entirely out of state into pennsylvania

not sure but perhaps only the vatican may come close to duplicating such an
unselfish act as this