Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] North Korea
Date: Aug 23, 2001 @ 11:17
Author: Peter Hering ("Peter Hering" <hering@...>)

Great idea, Dallen, I'm interested...!
Let's make it a real BP-member trip...!
Peter H.

-------Original Message-------

Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 19:46:29

Come along Doug. I believe the cost through the US company is about $1200 p/p for a nine day trip.  This includes visas, transportation to/from Beijing to Pyongyong, hotels, food, and sightseeing and transport in North Korea.  This is quite a reasonable cost actually, particularly when compared to travel to Bhutan, where tourism is controlled almost as strictly as NK. A nine-day trip to Bhutan would be around $3500-4000!!! There are a couple of Australian and Dutch tour companies that deal with North Korea.  Their prices are also reasonable given the fact the the DPRK govt requires foreign visitors to pay a set amount of money per day for their stays.

Dallen