Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Lunch
Date: Aug 18, 2001 @ 21:30
Author: Dallen Timothy (Dallen Timothy <dtimothy@...>)

RE: [BoundaryPoint] Lunch

Doug and others,
I've read the book Tourism and Political Boundaries and it's only so-so. Heyyy, wait just a minute! Actually I wrote the book as a way of introducing border concepts to tourism academics so that they will hopefully begin to look at borders and their relationships with, and implications for, tourism.  Clearly boundaries play an important role in international and domestic travel.  So far, the book is doing quite well despite its high cost.  Unfortunately the manuscript was finished before I knew about BoundaryPoint, so maybe in the next edition, I'll make mention of this significant group of boundary hounds and the fact that their interest induces a small, but meaningful, type of tourism!

Anyway, the book contains a lot of information that us boundary folks already know.  Now let's hope it enlightens others as well. Jesper, I'm glad to see that your library has a copy.  I'd encourage everyone to ask their libraries to buy it--what a shameless plug, eh?!

Cheers,
Dallen