Subject: Re: everyonese territorial ambitions
Date: Aug 13, 2001 @ 21:37
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
> do you imagine professor prescott would be glad to learn about your
newfound
> eez hole off new guinea
New to me only, I'm afraid. It's one that's described in some detail
by Prescott.

> i know i certainly was pleased to see our original 18 clave golf
course
> confirmed
>
> or have you added this as a 19th hole
> which could be all the more gratifying of course
If can now download my high seas enclave survey from the file area,
you'll see the total of 18 includes the Coral Sea enclave. There's a
potential 19th mapped in Prescott's book but not mentioned by him,
sitting between two islands chains in French Polynesia. I need to
find out a bit more about President Thiers Reef, which would fill
this hole if it can imaginably form the centre of an EEZ claim - and
some pretty unimaginable spots have been used for this, including
South Minerva Reef with its impermanent boulders and desk-
sized "shelter", and the poured concrete of Okino-tori-shima.

Grant