Subject: Re: Speaking (of) Catalan...
Date: Aug 12, 2001 @ 09:07
Author: marcelmiquel@navegalia.com (<marcelmiquel@...>)

Yes, there is an enclave, but it's not a "true enclave": you must not
forget that all the catalan language area is a bilingual area. The
catalan is a minotitary language. So, all the people is able to speak
spanish ( or french in the french zone ) and an important part can
speak catalan, but there are parts of the territory ( specially south
of Valencia, the french zone or the great metropolis with many
immigration ) where the catalan is known, but is not much used. The
catalan government has specific plans to promote the social use of the
language.

So, the map just shows the zones where the catalan is considered the
own language.
And the inclave signifies that in this part the inhabitants only speak
spanish.

Marcel.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., <marcelmiquel@n...> wrote:
> You're right. This zone of murcia is named El Carxe ( El Carche, in
> spanish ). There are 2000 inhab. apr. The catalan is not protected
> there. I've attached a map of the catalan language extension,
dialects
> and linguistic variants, where you can see this zone.
> For the catalan speakers of each zone follow this link:
>
> http://www.june29.com/HLP/lang/Catalan/webcat1.html

¡Se acercan tiempos salvajes a Navegalia : el planeta de los simios
ya está aquí!
La 20th Century Fox, Qtal de Airtel y Navegalia, te tienen preparadas
una serie de sorpresas en este mundo inhóspito. Hay miles de regalos
esperándote. Pásate por
http://www.navegalia.com/portal/promos/planetasimios/index.htm y
consíguelos.