Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] dual citizens
Date: Jun 07, 2001 @ 01:06
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

So what happens if (a purely technical question) a small municpality, say
Rolling hills in Los Angeles, has ONLY foreign (non-US citien) landowners?
Unlikely, but highly possible if, unlike in some countries, foreigners can
buy land.
Could a group of foreign landowners secede from a municipality to form their
own, given that they can't vote themselves (presumably you'ld need to be a
voter to petition for that... or would you?
BW