Subject: Re: World 200nm EEZ survey
Date: May 12, 2001 @ 13:47
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Are you sure France only claims the full 200 nm EEZ around Kerguelen?
According to the French Overseas Department (see http://www.outre-
mer.gouv.fr/domtom/taaf/economie.htm ), they claim it throughout the
TAAF area. According to our well-known map at
http://www.maritimeboundaries.com/graphics/large_gmbd.jpg , same
story. And it would be very un-French not to claim something they
have every chance of getting - legally. Admittedly, this chance is
not very big in the case of the Terre Adelie, though.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., granthutchison@c... wrote:
> > beautifully done once again grant
> Ah but. Peter just wrote how as soon as he posts a question here,
he
> finds the answer for himself. Preserving the 12nm/200nm symmetry
> you've just delighted in, I find as soon as I post an answer, I
find
> something that calls it into question ...
>
> I was just checking around to see if perhaps the Prince Edwards or
> the Crozets had some especially extended EEZ to account for your
> impression that they merged into a single enclave at this level.
> Instead, I find that in its Southern and Antarctic Territories,
> France exercises its claim to a 200nm EEZ around Kerguelen only.
This