Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Dreilaenderspitze
Date: Apr 17, 2001 @ 03:30
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

first of all peter
i just realized your visiting another tri country point
or line
whichever it is
means you may already have the second greatest accumulation of the world
class not only in our group but on the entire planet

>There are more though, and we have them, we just don't know we do.

ah yes
well that is understandable since this peculiar awareness & interest just
seems to have sprung up in the grass roots along the caus line for some
reason

maybe the real cause was jacks book
which commended these points to a large following for the first time
or maybe it was the butlers who have visited so many of them
or our pioneering taiwanese members who hit some in the early 90s

being international points they have a good deal of cachet
tho it is otherwise hard to rationalize or even notice them

& as one mans mongrel bastard could be anothers consummate hybrid
it is of course all just a matter of taste in the end anyway

but i think what you are pointing to here is a very nice & unusual if not
unique triplet binational tripoint
if i have understood you correctly
for at one point i sense you may be talking about more than 3 points
& multimap & mapquest were not much help in clarifying this
but i do gather all of these points have evidently already been visited &
presented here by eef without our realizing the full import until now
& good on you for pointing out this monumental accomplishment
tho performed by him apparently without breaking stride

as for what to call them
i think you have pretty well identified their hierarchies
& our notations have not at all been rigorous but only serendipitous &
pretentious & just for convenience &or laffs so far
but it seems to me you have found the distinguished
benl2livlwa1 & benl2livlwa2 & benl2livlwa3 points respectively
traveling generally west to east or up the valley if i have that right
tho for simplicity & mnemonics better suffixes than 1 & 2 & 3 might be
devised say to reflect the 3 different dutch areas involved
like maybe gronsveld & eijsden & bovenste bos if i have that right
or maybe just w & m & e for west & middle & east
but only if any of that makes sense to you &or eef
since you as their discoverers should name them what you wish

oops same for atch2grtyvo come to think of it

so like you may prefer to take a breather from our particular form of
linnaean cockabebble & just call them
lililia & lililib & lililic because you very well can
or
bn14 & bn45 & bn53
since that is more or less what they are already called
& you may not necessarily want to travel west to east etc
& i think you would be right in every case
but particularly right if adapted to the local subdivisional reality
which of course i dont really know
as i am just winging it with you here

so but what do you think is really the question

like for starters
is this realm interesting enough to even take special notice of

or what sorts & sizes of greater benl constellations are these points part of
that you might be opening yourself up to explore further

& would these worlds & their interface be as interesting & propitious as
those of canada & the usa
since i think these are the only secondary areas that have really been
visited in a big way yet
& maybe there are important differences to be observed
etc
etc