Subject: strangely silent was Re: CAUS hiking trail at NH/Quebec
Date: Nov 04, 2006 @ 14:57
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> yes
> that is looking correct at google earth
> where i captured the attached glimpse
> centered arbitrarily but not inappropriately on the
> cocofr tripoint
> 3 or 4 miles east of route 3
>
> you can see the ridge line clearcut quite clearly
here

> & not so clearly various lesser trails braiding with
> it
>
> presumably including yours
>
> for more of the same & better
> particularly in the high country a bit farther north
> check it out for yourself at google earth
> especially using the contour feature to tweak up the
> vividness
>
> curiously too the cofr county line proceeding due
> north from the cocofr tripoint into quebec appears
> have its own veggie trace also
> by which you may be helped to home in on this
tripoint

http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/SECT-H-83.txt
> appears to lie within 20 yards of cocofr as shown
here

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=45.24659&lon=-71.13076&s=200&size=l&u=6&datum=nad83&layer=DRG

> btw i have found the google earth geocoords far less
> reliable than the topozone & ibc coords
>
> the decimal readings look impressive
> but it is all spurious exactitude
>

> also
> please let me know your present email address so i
can
> share some other goodies with you offlist that may
not
> be appropriate here at bp
>
> mine is aletheiak at yahoo dot com
>
> thanx
>
> --- Bill Hanrahan <wjhanrahan@...> wrote:
>
> > Mike,
> >
> > Judging from what I had read from a previous
source
> > (which I wish I
> > could remember), I don't think that the trail is
the
> > vista per se, but
> > rather meanders back and force across the line.
The

http://www.bjbsoftware.com/corners/pointdetail.php3?point=157
> > > which is thus looking like a 10 mile cakewalk
> > along
> > > the ridge line
> > > with a bonus virgin caus2nhqc3cocofr
international
> > > tricounty point en route
> > > as in coos county nh & compton & frontenac
> > counties qc
> > >
> > > --- Bill Hanrahan <wjhanrahan@> wrote:

original message truncated here not by me

but now that we are trypointing together again in
earnest
i want you to know you can always restore this or any
other broken thread
& or return to any lost image
by resorting to our easy new search engine & our
organized archive
http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point/last=0/force_load=very/?page=0&action=--Action--

& btw those are several critical facts which imo
should be writ large on our main page

but the actual reason i am extending this try is
because bill has been strangely silent on it
& the image i sent in did not in fact arrive at bp in
as clear a condition as i sent it in in

& so i am wondering if i have lost you on this bill

& am therefore attaching a hopefully better but still
experimental google earth image try
relying heavily on the contour feature this time
& imaging your trail or trails at the menhqc tripoint
area
a 5 mile crowfly nne of the cocofr tripoint area
which was chosen again arbitrarily but not
inappropriately

& btw i do construe cocofr as an aquifer of cocoa & or
coconut milk
in case anyone was wondering

so i am very much looking forward to seeing this try
turn out well
& will just post summarily like this now to get a look
at the attachment for myself before continuing

but please chime back in too if you like with any
observations etc