Subject: Re: atitsi once once more
Date: Oct 24, 2006 @ 00:33
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx artur
this is doubly nice because the much clearer photo than google earth combined with the
best mapping we have yet seen for this point make it easy to conclude at last that jespers
pushpin was exactly correct here
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point/9258
& that my second guessed position as marked by the little red square is indeed wrong
despite being at the exact summit & some 12 meters vertically above the pushpin
as indicated by the google earth contour features

so from this i would guess again that either the tripoint isnt really at the exact summit as
it has been purported to be or else that the google earth contour features are not as
reliable as i had thought

& more likely the former
since it is so hard to doubt ones own eyes