Subject: Re: breakaway tripoint handicapping help found for race to turtle bay
Date: Aug 14, 2006 @ 18:01
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

& successfully predicting the occurrence & location of breakaway tripoints looks fairly
simplistic compared to foretelling some less definitive sorts of events
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/1393
so what are all you prospective prognosticators waiting for

but meanwhile a standard cmng flag switch was reported today at archibong
which you may recall as most probable site of a prospective independent bakassi tripoint
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4789647.stm
but note people in last pic wearing blue stripes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4792241.stm
& note also how the 10 separatist elders & 1000 residents have become just a bunch of
juvenile delinquents in some reports
http://www.tribune.com.ng/14082006/news/news3.html

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> this fascinating site doesnt actually try to locate
> the future tripoints
> but only assesses the probabilities of the prospective
> breakaway countries that would give rise to them
> http://www.mherrera.org/newcountries.htm
> since of course predicting & finding the tripoints
> themselves is properly left up to us here at bp
>
> but what fun to find a kindred spirit handicapping the
> breakaway prospects right alongside us
>
> especially interesting to me are his clear favorites
> to win place show & follow
> namely
> palestine going off at 9 to 11
> kosovo at 3 to 7
> somaliland at even money
> & southern sudan at 11 to 9 against
> if indeed i am not reading too much into his
> evaluations
>
> i was a bit surprised tho to find that he doesnt think
> so much of
> nor even mention by name
> the sometime favorite of ambazania or ambazonia
> which we recently visited here
> one scroll click down
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/19229
> & where
> or at least in a small corner of which
> unless it is only an adjacent rather than a
> constituent pocket
> the thousand or so natives are again restless today
> having just declared independence again for their
> merely 400 square mile crumb of coastal frontierland
> http://www.easybourse.com/Website/dynamic/News.php?NewsID=37562?
=fra&NewsRubrique=2
> while apparently waving the blue & white striped flag
> of a greater ambazania
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambazonia
>
> no clear idea about tripoint location yet
> but of course any such breakaway bakassi tripoint
> wouldnt be nearly so far inland as the breakaway
> ambazania tripoint prospect would be
> & which the above wikipedia sketch suggests
> ambazania evidently being at least 40 times greater
> than bakassi alone
>
> perhaps the new tripoint would be at the tricolor
> point shown here
> http://www.dawodu.com/bakassi2.htm
> or in other words at around archibong here
> http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?
TextLatitude=4.95692825475354&TextLongitude=8.31378309736768&TextAltitude=8&
TextSelectedEntity=5544&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Medium
&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=archibong&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&Z
oomOnMapClickCheck=on&ResultsListbox=4.95692825475354%3B8.31378309736768%
3B8%3B5544%3BCalabar%2C+Nigeria%3BMedium%3BComprehensive