Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] My visit to Campione d'Italia
Date: Aug 01, 2006 @ 13:39
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

thanx again mats

& i think it is clear now that tho chit follows the
right bank of the creek from marker 1 down to the
creek mouth
nevertheless
the intermunicipal border between arogno & the former
castagnola
which btw has been part of lugano since 1972
does evidently follow the middle of the creek until it
strikes chit at midstream in between markers 1 & 2
to produce there the present arogno campione lugano
tripoint
aka chit2lmti3colg4arcalu
which
despite the brook width of only 222 cm or less
thereabouts
must still lie at least several if not quite a few
meters upstream from marker 1
owing to the very sharp angle at which chit crosses
the brook between markers 1 & 2
unless this best known map is mistaken about that
critical detail
http://www.globalgeografia.com/italia/img/campione_mappaconfini1.jpg

&
there is evidently no indication that the lost cross
marking or any other marker on the south bank is or
was ever actually on the chit border
as presently defined by markers 1 & 2

http://www.globalgeografia.com/italia/img/campione_fig05a.jpg