Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tripoint Tries
Date: Jul 12, 2006 @ 13:19
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

thanx & yes true
no major tripoint in this area
tho the tri koruny or 3 crowns peak sounds highly
auspicious
http://www.region.sk/pieniny.html

& we know that only the wildest & most uncivilized
areas could be totally devoid of tripoints
tho even these places do sometimes attract major
multipoints just because they are at the outer limits
& far corners of geopolitical reality

thanx to your map tho & notwithstanding your & his
modest denial
rogers reported reach of the dunajec river on plsk
here does indeed appear to hold at least 1 tripoint
& i think he may even deserve full credit for an
innocent passage thru it

for if you will note the point on your map where the
river joins the border
just northwest of lysa nad dunajcom
& compare it with this subdivisional map of the polish
province of malopolskie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Malopolskie_powiat_map_numbers.png
you can perhaps see that this point is the more
easterly of the 2 tripoints where the counties of nowy
targ & tatra meet slovakia

& they meet in this case the slovakian region of
presov
& its district of kezmarok
as you can gather here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Okres_presov.png

so at the very moment when rogers raft reached the
border
he was gliding directly thru or right past the
plsk2mapv3kenota tripoint
quietly bagging a class b touch
or at least a class c look