Subject: re exact czplsk
Date: Jul 11, 2006 @ 13:55
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

thanx to all for the continuing input
& now i would venture to take these official
measurements even further
in support of the proposed visual alignments
as follows
& granted that they might best or only be done in
winter

since we know the pair of cz & pl obelisks are 1550cm
apart
as well as 2790cm from the legal tripoint in both
cases
we can compute & measure their midpoint at 775cm
& by the pythagorean theorem
the distance from this midpoint to the tripoint
as 2680cm
& can then easily project a perpendicular line of this
length from this midpoint to determine the tripoint
position
even in thick veggies

if the much more remote sk obelisk is visible from
this midpoint all the better for the additional
alignment & corroboration that would afford
but there neednt even be a single continuous sight
line to it because we do have the convergent 2790cm
hypotenuse measurements from the cz & pl obelisks to
the tripoint as a check against our 2680cm
perpendicular measurement from the midpoint
& can already expect a triple line junction by a
combination of simple measuring if not also sighting
of these 3 lines
all at the very close range of just 30 giant steps or
so
without any need of further alignments or measurements

& if this 3way triangulation intersection happens to
also fall at the brook confluence & sapling point
from which we believe the sk obelisk is visible even
in summer
per rolfs pic
then that would make 5 or 6 things all lining up
perfectly
or nearly perfectly
as i suspect they may

but the really critical alignments & measurements can
all be made from the cz & pl obelisks alone

the only slight trick will be in compensating &
adjusting for the slope

but since we will be coming from the same general
direction with all 3 measured lines this will be a
relatively simple adjustment to make

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> evidently this is or repeats the 1995 tripoint
> demarcation text
> http://www.volny.cz/obec.hrcava/trojmezi.html
> of which the following is a partial but essential
> translation

> so
> i am mistaken in recalling any triple equidistance
was
> involved
> oops
> but
> am evidently correct in recalling exact measurement
> from the obelisks is indeed the whole point & name
of
> the game here
> regardless of the linden sapling & or stream
> trijunction
>
> also at the time of that discussion i added the
> following thought
> > given the difficulty of exact measurement on steep
> terrain
> > my guess is we can already find the truest
available
> czplsk
> > by just eyeballing along the perpendicular pyramid
> edges at the
> > apexes of the cz & pl obelisks
> > so as to determine the intersection of the
> projections of these
> > respective sight lines
> > somewhere down in the hollow
> > whatever the horizontal & or vertical distances
may
> prove to be
> >
> > it is just a question of whether the obelisks were
> actually
> > intended & erected with enough care to be used in
> this way
>
> this shortcut should get us at least very close to
the
> exact truth tho

protection around