Subject: exact czplsk
Date: Jul 11, 2006 @ 09:13
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

evidently this is or repeats the 1995 tripoint
demarcation text
http://www.volny.cz/obec.hrcava/trojmezi.html
of which the following is a partial but essential
translation
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/13782
so
i am mistaken in recalling any triple equidistance was
involved
oops
but
am evidently correct in recalling exact measurement
from the obelisks is indeed the whole point & name of
the game here
regardless of the linden sapling & or stream
trijunction

also at the time of that discussion i added the
following thought
> given the difficulty of exact measurement on steep
terrain
> my guess is we can already find the truest available
czplsk
> by just eyeballing along the perpendicular pyramid
edges at the
> apexes of the cz & pl obelisks
> so as to determine the intersection of the
projections of these
> respective sight lines
> somewhere down in the hollow
> whatever the horizontal & or vertical distances may
prove to be

> it is just a question of whether the obelisks were
actually
> intended & erected with enough care to be used in
this way

this shortcut should get us at least very close to the
exact truth tho