Subject: ellicott mound multipointing continued & hyperextended
Date: May 29, 2006 @ 15:25
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

well seconding your own seconding i should say

& nice to see how one of our favorite spinoff sites
has fructified too

& yes my reference to 18443ff definitely extended as
far as 18575f
& now extends as far as 19549 if not also f or ff
again
tho i was already fully satisfied myself for
multipointing purposes by 18518 & its immediate ffs

still
i confess i remain at least a little curious to hear
tell or see a pic of one of these most elusive
diminutive unenhanced & most likely nonmultipunctive
lams bumps
& hope that is of some encouragement to jack or robert
& yourself

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G.
McManus" <lgm@...> wrote:

> Thanks, Mike, for the Ellicott article.
>
> My message this afternoon was to cheer Robert on in
his efforts to get
> us what he has on Ellicott's mounds along LAMS.
>
> The evolution and status of my previous research and
conjecture toward
> locating an Ellicott mound on LAMS can be summarized
by looking at BP
> posts 18516, 18531, 18545, and 18571. Also see your
reply to the last
> at 18575.
>
> John Shankland's confirmation from the White book,
as reported in 18571,
> that the public land survey is out of sync with
Ellicott's mounds and
> the news that the single initial point of both the
Washington and St.
> Helena Meridians is unmarked threw cold water on my
plans for an
> expedition to photograph the initial point for John
and an Ellicott
> mound for us. I did make a very successful trip to
bag the initial
> point of the Louisiana Meridian, which is in a
bottomland swamp. (See
> http://www.pmproject.org/LaPM.htm where John placed
my photos and some
> of my commentary.) John, however, never replied to
my request for more
> information from the White book as to just how the
Washington Meridian
> was selected and how much it is off from the beat of
Ellicott's rhythm.

> At the very end of your reply 18546 to my 18545, you
wrote that Jack has
> a copy of the White book and that he might perhaps
provide the needed
> information. If we could get that and the
information presumably
> forthcoming from Robert, I think I'd have everything
necessary to
> facilitate an expedition.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

prospects in louisiana
> was bp msgs 18443ff
>

> > well lowell since this adventure was already
proposed
> > & begun by you in 18444ff
> > & cheered & abetted by me in 18447ff
> > i dont know what i can add to it now while waiting
for
> > robert to deliver on these new prospects
> > except that it is conceivable that his entry into
the
> > mix might either speed you on your way or else
slow
> > you down some more
> >
> > however he has already come back in today with
word
> > that a program exists for predicting ellicott
mound
> > locations
> > so you may well want to really slow down until
that
> > catches up with us
> >
> > but
> > also in his preliminary response
> > which i have attached below in its entirety tho
its
> > overall relevancy for louisiana is mostly
peripheral
> > comes definite word of a mound number 21 at
thompsons
> > creek
> > in case you can & would just cut directly to the
chase
> > & bag that one without further ado
> >
> > also noteworthy in the following text is the news
that
> > the public land survey is indeed not in synch with
the
> > mounds thereabouts
> > so any faint hopes that we formerly had of finding
an
> > ellicott mound that is also a tricounty point on
the
> > lams state line are effectively or mostly dashed
> > herewith
> > thus reducing what was potentially a multipointing
> > quest to a purely academic one in all probability
> >
> > not at all dashed here however is ellicotts
reputation
> > as a party dog & indian trickster
> > which you may also recall from

> > Greg Spies of Coden, AL has a computer program
which
> > will predict the location of the mounds within a
few
> > feet. In 2002, we used Troy State Geomatics
students
> > to get accurate GPS for Ellicott Mound #381, #299
and