Subject: korean samdobongs continued
Date: Apr 11, 2006 @ 21:36
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

more findings are added below within & following the
original report

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@...> wrote:

> & the marker looks to be a more challenging climb
than
> the mountain

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=130000&biid=2005031896698

well perhaps not so challenging after all but just a
little offputting

for it looks like the man standing beside the ball
marker in the last photo here could just reach out &
touch the apex of it with his right hand & thus
consummate the entire group visit class a
http://www.koreasanha.net/img/photo42/samdobong_20050522_1.htm

& tho this group doesnt appear to have necessarily
come any closer
the automatic translation alone is still worth the
price of admission
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.coppsomt.oo.ly/02st-daegan/10st-samdobong/10st-samdobong.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsamdobong%26num%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den

> shown by a black triangle & dashed line trijunction
at

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/s_korea_pol_95.jpg

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=39.45&TextLongitude=-98.907&TextAltitude=0&TextSelectedEntity=39070&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=Large&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=muju&MapStylesList=Comprehensive&ZoomOnMapClickCheck=on

> curiously all 3 of the provinces are named north or
> bukdo something
> & are the only 3 such norths in the country
> http://statoids.com/ukr.html
>
> but there are 2 other samdobongs as well
> as the article explains
> suggesting to me that they might almost be the
korean
> equivalent of the japanese class of mikuni mountains

> even tho far less numerous
>
> these are cbkbkn & cbcnkn
> respectively the next 2 tripoints to the south if i
> have got them right
> as the various transliterations are perhaps even
more
> challenging than the climbs

the latter or more southerly of these appears to be
reachable by a 551 step stairway
of which this is either a view en route or possibly a
marginal class d
peek at the peak itself
http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2005012898638

the remaining & intermediate samdobong of the group of
3 is elusive
if these arent it
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.blackstar.pe.kr/doc/samdobong.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsamdobong%26num%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://my.netian.com/~atst18/samdobong.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsamdobong%26start%3D30%26num%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN