Subject: Re: readable 5 day ozark trip to an unreadable mook3demcot marker
Date: Apr 08, 2006 @ 16:04
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

nice & likely one i agree

from the looks of the drafting as well

worth actually going there to examine the paint stripe now

i still think we should distinguish common cursoriness from actual crosshairs tho
especially when discussing hairline intersections

much as civility could involve more or less than just repeating ones civil location

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...> wrote:

> Please note on your TopoZone map a hand-written center line symbol
> (superimposed cL) with an arrow pointing to MO 76 between your red
> crosshairs and the actual tripoint. I take this to mean that the county
> boundary is in the center line of the highway.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

z=15&n=4067404&e=404736&s=50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

> >> Actually, the tripoint is about .1 mile west of your
> >> red crosshairs.
> >> The Barry-Newton line comes down from the north,
> >> bisects that forested
> >> tract with "33" it, and intersects the
> >> McDonald-Newton line coming in
> >> from the west on the center line of MO 76. The
> >> Barry-McDonald line then
> >> follows MO 76 east to your red crosshairs before
> >> turning south. Thus,
> >> the western line of Barry has a slight jog,
> >> apparently due to the
> >> crossing of a standard parallel. (For those
> >> unfamiliar with the US
> >> Public Land Survey, that's a correction for the
> >> convergence of
> >> meridians).

> >> spirit

> >> Thank you, thank you.

> >> exploits
> >>
> >> I have done the following class A: ARLATX; KSMOOK;
> >> ARMOOK; AZCONMUTand
> >> NMOKTX.

> >> time

> >> I was there on June 14, 1992. The site was
> >> substantially as described
> >> by Jack Parsell from his published visit of June 21,
> >> 1991. I was going
> >> entirely without any detailed map or other
> >> reference, but I realized
> >> that the tall cairn on the west side of the road was
> >> not the tripoint
> >> and that it had to be in the center line opposite
> >> the cairn.

> >> at
> >> been

z=15&n=4059245&e=355412&s=50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25