Subject: Re: Digest Number 2089
Date: Apr 04, 2006 @ 13:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> --- spookymike@... wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 4/3/06 4:26:59 PM,
> > BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com writes:
> >

> > > Message: 10
> > >    Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:11:56 -0700 (PDT)
> > >    From: aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>
> > > Subject: but yikes is this a ga3bagwhaja
> > quadricounty island
> > >

> http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/0403GWXmulberry.html
> > >

> http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=17&n=3779871&e=240142&s=25&size=l&datum=nad83&
> > > layer=DRG25
> > >

> > Mike: I have a good buddy who lives in Smyrna, GA.
> > He's primarily a
> > highpointer, but also has got the BP bug. He and I
> > visited Kentucky Corner SW of
> > KYYVVA along the ridge trail, and found the elusive
> > marker atop a ten foot
> > high boulder. I'll sicc him on the 4point and try
> > to get some on site info for
> > the group.
> >
> > Mike S.
>
> great
>
> i am both awed & puzzled by this kentucky corner &
> kyyvva tho
>
> can you elucidate them further

aha i seem to have partly figured it out in my dreams

you must mean kytnva
& the east end of the kentucky south line

curiously the usgs topo shows a marked tripoint just a hair west of there
but i cant figure out what it is the tripoint of
if not just the cumberland gap national park & kytn state line

asking topozone for tiprell & panning west gets you there
& it is marked kentucky corner all right
yet the actual kentucky corner doesnt appear to be where the kentucky corner marker is

can you clear this up any