Subject: Re: fresh tripoint tries are afoot
Date: Apr 02, 2006 @ 22:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

well everything went more or less as expected & predicted
except the reservoir was so low that we could see the stream bed & didnt have to guess
very hard about the behali tripoint location within what was left of the lake there
&
we got stuck in the mud a few times on the way to the marked hahali tripoint
& ultimately had to hike in to it a good deal farther than we had expected from the looks
of the topo
but the monument was exactly as envisioned in advance
except it was found standing in a rivulet
so we could & did drink from within inches of the tripoint

the red cursor cross marks the spot where we finally had to give up & park the vandura
after trying to approach from every conceivable direction
http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=18&n=4656822&e=666213&s=50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

some of the roads had been discontinued since 1987

we managed to drive right over one earthen barricade

what fun

but were soon stopped by a better concrete barrier

in the end a couple of red survey tapes in the expected target area led us from the trail to
the marker only a couple hundred feet into the woods
but not actually visible from the trail

of course jc spotted the marker first

it was good to have somewhere to go

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...> wrote:

> you may well have been wondering just what kind of a
> multipointing society bp really is
> or even could be
> now that april fools have arrived in earnest without
> so much as a single physical tripointing try having
> been made by any of us this entire year
>
> or at least not since the bungled njnypa retry on new
> years day
>
> & in fact not a single fresh or virgin multipoint try
> has been undertaken or reported here this year yet
> from anywhere in the world
>

> well it is a very laid back if not downright sedentary
> multipointing society to be sure
>

> & so it is with great satisfaction that i can finally
> announce a new expedition is in the offing for
> tomorrow
> to behali & hahali
> or us2ctma3behali4cosato & us2ctma3hahali4cohato in
> full regalia
> which are in fact the closest still untried interstate
> tricounty points to where i am situated here on cream
> hill
>
> behali will be the warmup hors doeuvre & just a class
> d ogle really
> at a point i have passed by many times without
> realizing it is a major tripoint as well as the
> southeast corner of berkshire county
> http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=18&n=4656016&e=661141&s=25&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25
> & for which here is the pic in advance since my camera
> is broken
> http://www.completejeephistory.com/images/IMG_0170.jpg
>
> & the main course will be a ramble for the monumented
> hahali tripoint
> http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=18&n=4655989&e=664830&s=25&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25