Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] European Union Regions
Date: Apr 01, 2006 @ 01:03
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- raedwulf16 <raedwulf16@...> wrote:

> I am trying to research the "regions" of the
> EU.However,I seem to be
> having difficulty finding a complete and
> authoritative list of them.The
> best one I have found so far is the one linked
> below,but true to
> Murphy's law ,the article states that there are 139
> regions and then
> inconsistently proceeds to list only 138.Does anyone
> have access to a
> site that will clarify this issue for me?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_(Europe)

i too have seen several conflicting collections &
totals of these
suggesting there just may not be a single
authoritative version

& of course you realize you must be very careful about
believing anything wikipedia says in any case
for that is just where murphy is particularly at home

but since they do say there are basque regions in both
spain & france
& then proceed to actually indicate one only in spain
oops
it could well be that the one they are missing
by their own count & admission
is the french basque region
insofar as we do know that this is only a part of the
larger region they are calling simply aquitaine

other than that
lots of luck & laffs
i would agree

also be aware that these regions
whatever they are & however many there may be of them
dont usually correspond with nor actually function as
the hierarchical subdivisions within the individual
countries
& that the multipoints they may appear to produce are
thus only as real as the true subdivisions they chance
to comprise