Subject: Re: 10th century tripoint stone that grew a village
Date: Mar 17, 2006 @ 23:23
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Roger McCutcheon" <rogerdwmac@...> wrote:

> I am puzzled by the coordinates mentioned: that part of Devon is around 51
> North, 4 degrees West.

thanx roger & you are certainly right about the coords
so i too am puzzled by not finding any others mentioned anywhere in all this that you
might have been puzzled by
unless
but yikes this is too funny
you might well be referring to the last 6 characters in the guessed tripoint name i offered
gb2en3do4cocrds

for i agree cocrds does by chance unintentionally & misleadingly suggest coordinates
& or co coordinates
when in fact it is just my arbitrary cockabebble notation for the 3 parishes involved in the
tripoint
namely
co colebrook
cr crediton &
ds down saint mary
arranged in standard hierarchical & alphabetical order

provided
gb great britain is first
en england 2nd
do devon 3rd
& the parishes indeed 4th in the hierarchy

all of which is also subject to confirmation & or correction btw

so hopefully all our puzzlement is just owing to a highly felicitous communication disorder
for which i take full credit & or responsibility as the case may be