Subject: Re: [borderpoint] IQKWSA map and the Neutral Zone
Date: Feb 06, 2006 @ 06:24
Author: jim van dura (jim van dura <jimvandura@...>)

Hi! Realizing the Neutral Zone is long gone, but still
hoping to actually see the promised tripoint, I
followed the link to your tripoint guide, where I
found this more credible (even if older) Soviet topo
of the area:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:8085/kuwait/100k/H38-106.jpg
The only substantial info I have yet found on the
tripoint itself is in:
http://www.meij.or.jp/text/border/Kuwait-Iraq/irqkwt9305.htm
. . . especially paragraphs 65, 99 and 119. However,
IBS Number 111 for IQSA (and 103 for KWSA as well),
while essentially agreeing with these maps' and the
UN's IKQWSA position at the named wadi junction,
indicate the tripoint was still unmarked as of about
1970. Nor have I found any evidence of the subsequent
IQSA demarcation that must have emplaced the specified
IQSA marker number 1 in the interim. But does anyone
know anything more about it? Or has anyone yet
reported a visit to or seen a photo of it? --Jimi

--- Jesper Nielsen/Borderbase <jesper@...>

http://www.humanitarianinfo.org/iraq/maps/tpch_6a_se.jpg