Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] speculative but very plausible double hit on 22x27 egsd sign & more
Date: Jan 09, 2006 @ 02:44
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

The Egyptian "military officer" that was required to accompany the confluencing
party on its adventure into the wilderness might very well have been from this
border guard force. If it was indeed responsible for the border sign at the 22
x 27 confluence, then perhaps the guard fellow took them there to show off his
and his buddy's handiwork.

While a border disagreement between Egypt and Sudan apparently persists as to
control of the land between the "treaty" and "administrative" boundaries near
the Red Sea, I don't think that there's any question that most of the rest of
EGSD runs along the 22nd parallel. I do suspect that the signage was
unilateral, however.

Perhaps Mohamed can elucidate us on all of this.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA