Subject: Re: 2 more small steps for man toward an imminent nyonqc splashdown
Date: Jan 06, 2006 @ 20:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

btw in case you noticed it & wondered
that was an unintentional confusion of al & kyle just now
owing probably to the head spinning effects
but it is now unspun in the copy below

& to continue
subject to confirmation or correction using the paper copy of the canadian topo
careful measurement on my computer screen indicates
nyonqc is fifty three 72ndths
or point7361111
of the way
from the ellicott rock to turning point 1

& by computation from the official ibc geocoordinate values given in the link below
the ellicott rock is 26point502 seconds of latitude & 26point890 seconds of longitude
from turning point 1

so
again by computation
from all the above
& necessarily rounded off to the nearest tenth of a second
or roughly a 3 meter or 10 foot window
since that is the limit of topo measurability
nyonqc is nad27 nlat 45d00m15s5 x wlong 74d40m08s1

& this 10 foot window probably cant be reduced unless a better statutory definition of
nyoncq is found than just the depicted & inferred point where the middle of the seaway
channel crosses the international border

for like the caus turnpoints
the onqc turnpoints may also be geodetically expressed somewhere
in which case
depending on how finely expressed they are
1 or even 2 more decimal places may still still possible
reducing the 10 foot window to a single foot or even a single inch
since the official ibs coords at least are fine enough to permit it

indeed tho the breadth of the nyonqc hole is now down to about 10 feet in width
the caus ribbon running across it is already only about 1 inch wide

however
since even pilotage gps will only bag the 10 foot window
& i doubt survey gps could do much better while bobbing in the water
any further improvement at this time or perhaps in our lifetime seems purely fantastical

from the submerged ellicott rock to turnpoint 1
26s502 26s890
6s9935809 7s0959698
in official nad27 values
45 00 15 468 x 74 40 08 114