Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: EGLYSD class b
Date: Jan 06, 2006 @ 03:11
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

<http://www.confluence.org/photo.php?visitid=11575&pic=ALL>
> &pic=ALL - which
> was a record of a visit to a confluence 2° of
> longitude further east along
> the Sudan Egypt border. I think he was using it to
> show that the border is
> marked in places.

so far so obvious

but marked by what & how is of course the question

just as not all signs & markers in border areas are
necessarily border markers
for in fact most arent
so the fact that a border is in some sense signed or
marked doesnt at all necessarily mean it is demarcated

& the question & try were of course about border
demarcation specifically & properly so called

a critical distinction

> The fao.org site was a completely
> different piece of
> information and looks like photos of an unrelated
> effort to survey at least
> part of the Egypt Sudan border.

yes to survey part of the border area
but for locusts rather than for the border

again no evidence of the demarcation survey being
sought nor of any boundary commission whatsoever

another critical distinction

> I guess that this is
> all just pieces of a
> larger jigsaw that may or may not

another critical distinction

> provide more
> information as to the exact
> location of the tripoint but which are, neverthelss,
> slightly related

yes tangential & centrifugal rather than right on the
money

another critical didtinction

> and of
> general interest to those who have a broader
> perspective on the world than
> simply multipoints

then they need to be clearly specified as irrelevant
but fun
even if just as a courtesy to those who are actually
continuing in pursuit
of the actual try & the actual point of the group

another critical distinction

or dont you agree any of these distinctions are
critical

> (thereby, of couse, risking being
> the recipient of
> someone's wrath for posting to the "wrong" list and
> getting redirected to
> borderpoint instead - hehehehe).

hahahahahaha
now you are really getting down to the good stuff

for indeed the critical distinction between the 2
groups is precisely
critical
distinction

& therefore critical analysis & evaluation on the one
hand in the case of the original bp
or not so much on the other for those who like not so
much

but wrath here no
or at least i dont see any nor think so

for that is yet another misperception & critical
distinction

> Incidentially, while on the subject of boradening
> our general knowledge

message truncated

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com