Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ok but why or what are we looking for
Date: Jan 04, 2006 @ 04:38
Author: Hugh Wallis ("Hugh Wallis" <hugh@...>)

I think we are in somewhat violent agreement. But, as I mentioned, some datums (e.g. Tokyo datum) can be up to 200m off from WGS84 which could put you too far from finding a physical marker - possibly the wrong side of a river or cliff face. NAD83 and WGS84 are pretty darn close to each other so it is unlikely to ever become an issue in the USA. (but the world is larger than the USA).